Deferred Gift Annuity
As a younger donor still in high-earnings years, you are still saving for retirement and also trying to lower your taxable income.
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to Sam Houston State University. Our minimum gift requirement is $10,000.
- Beginning on a specified date in the future, SHSU begins to pay you, or up to two annuitants you name, fixed annuity payments for life.
- Generally, deferred gift annuities may be created by donors of any age. However, a beneficiary must be at least 40 years of age before deferred gift annuity payments commence to the beneficiary.
- The remaining balance passes to SHSU when the contract ends.
- Deferral of payments permits a higher annuity rate and generates a larger charitable deduction.
- You can schedule your annuity payments to begin when you need extra cash flow, such as retirement years.
- Payments are guaranteed and fixed, regardless of fluctuations in the market.
- The longer you elect to defer payments, the higher your payment will be.
- More details on Deferred Gift Annuities.
- Frequently asked questions on Deferred Gift Annuities.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.